Saturday, January 27, 2024

Here's a little update about my first couple of days at the mtc since today is my first Pday!


The first two days were roughhh. The mtc is definitely not for the weak. We get up at 6:30 and are gone all day until 9:30 pm. We aren't allowed to spend more than 5 minutes in our rooms during the day. They always want us to be out and about. Lights out is at 10:30 but we always end up going to bed earlier because we are exhausted. My comp and I are complete opposites. I like to workout she never has. I like dogs she likes cats. I'm social she's not. I like boys she's never had a crush or been on a date. Even tho we are so different we get along! I really like her. She's so type A, always on time and schedules everything out. So I literally just follow her around because this campus is huge and I have no idea where I'm going. We've also bonded because we were both so overwhelmed the first couple of days so it was nice to know we were both in it together. Our district had a meeting with the president and his counselors and it was super intimidating. They interviewed us in companionships then prayed about what positions they should assign to us. My comp and I were hoping we would be off the hook but we were assigned sister district leaders! We were so mad because we were already so overwhelmed. We are in charge of Sunday, relief society, musical numbers, and hymns.

Food here was so bad at first. I decided to go for the salad bar but I saw a fly in my salad and lost my appetite. I've found better stuff to eat so the foods getting a little better. 

I've also met so many people that I know! I've ran into 3 people that I went to high-school with so far and a couple of people I have met in college! I haven't met anyone going to my mission though. Today one of my friends that I met at BYU told me he got reassigned to Little Rock! I think we will be on the same flight so I'm excited to have someone I'm familiar with come to my mission. 

I'm in a room with four girls. We have bunk beds. Last night I was telling the girls a story from my dad's mission and two of the girls thought it was cool. The other girl not so much. She woke us up in the middle of the night and told me I really scared her and that we all needed to say a prayer together. Lol the story wasn't even scary but I think she's just super sensitive. I apologized tho for scaring her but it wasn't even a scary story. Also that same girl sleep talks at night and she hasn't showered once since being here! I feel like I should say something to her because in the missionary handbook it says to shower everyday. But idk how to say it without offending her. 

The first day we got here we saw a fight! It was between an elder and a poly sister. He made her mad and she dumped her soda on his head it was funny lol and they got in a lot of trouble.

I LOVE my teachers. They teach everything so well and keep us engaged so it's not boring. I feel like I've learned the most I've ever learned in my life. But there is still SO much to learn. I can't even imagine being a missionary without preach my gospel, it seriously has every thing u need to know and it probably one of the most interesting books I've ever read

Also I thought covid was way over but apparently it's going around at the mtc so alot of ppl are wearing masks. So annoying feels like 2020 all over again.

I met a girl from Ukraine. She said she moved here to escape the war and ended up converting to the church. And now she's on a mission. Her family is still back in Ukraine. Also one of the boys in my district tried to kill himself with his gun, he said he held the gun to his head then pulled the trigger and his gun jammed. He said because it jammed that was his answer that he needed to serve a mission. Kinda crazy what u can learn from other people.

OK I'm tried of typing but I love u all! Just had to send a little update bc I know my family is probably curious. I'll try to send an email every week but we are so busy so let's see how well I keep up with that haha

Here are some pictures!







No comments: