Sunday, March 31, 2024







1/6 of the way done ... haha

Last pday we got to hangout with a bunch of missionaries! It was way nice to play pickleball with different ppl. We also played spikeball and it was so fun. I was sore for like 2 days after though I wore myself out

This week flew by! We had lots of lessons and not much time for finding. We had a lesson with Brandon! He told us he's going to make sure his Sunday mornings are free so he can start coming to church. I'm super excited for him so everyone keep him in your prayers! We taught him the Plan of Salvation & Restorarion but we quickly realized we need to slow it down & teach him how to pray and how to feel the Holy Ghost. I still feel so new at this missionary thing and I'm scared I'm going to mess it up with him. Even though I'm the greenie missionary it feels like I'm having to lead us in lessons, my companion gets pretty shy. I feel like I never know what I'm doing in lessons. If I can get Brandon to feel the Spirit and come to know Jesus Christ I bet he could be baptized while I'm here in Collierville.

I have a week left of training! I feel like I've got the hang of most things finally. Next week I'll get a new companion & I'll most likely stay here in Collierville. It's always so scary getting a new comp I'm nervous there is alot of weird sisters in this mission...

Saturday night all the primary children in the ward sang in their church quior. Alot of the members invited their friends who aren't members. The kids did so good!! I was bawling along with everyone else in the room. My companion and I agreed it was the most we've ever felt the spirit 

Tuesday we were doing some knocking. It was a pretty day outside so I wanted to walk. We ended up walking pretty far & didn't realize we had walked to Mississippi. We talked to this lady in her front yard & asked if she needed any service. She said no but she asked if she could come to our church! We were so shocked and gave her the time and address. We didn't have high hopes for her to come but she showed up! She loved it and said she will be back next Sunday. She isn't technically in our areaaaa but she's close enough haha

We are teaching this guy named Matthew & I'm pretty sure he has some form of autism. He is way smart and wants to learn intellectually not so much spiritually. He really does want to know if the Book of Mormon is true though but I think he has a hard time feeling emotions because he probably has asburgers. It makes it hard for him to feel the spirit. He committed to reading the Book of Mormon cover to cover though! Hopefully a light will turn on for him & something will click. He reminds me of Matthew from the chosen haha

Sorry it's a short one this week! Tons happened but I can't really remember it all. Just so crazy busy. Love & miss u all everyday

No comments: