Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Hi guys! Sorry it's been so crazy so I haven't had the chance to write an email.


I picked up my trainee! Her name is Laney Ross. She is so so cute & I am so excited to be with her for the next 12 weeks! I saw a picture of her a couple months prior, and I told everyone that I would train her! (Fun fact I've kissed her older brother). She said that her brother told her I was serving here & she hoped that I would train her haha. We got to FaceTime him on Monday and it was super funny he couldn't believe we are companions

Training is hard! I forget how little the new missionaries know. It's been stressful but also so fun because it's like watching my child experience Christmas for the first time. She is so excited & loves learning everyday. We have been in bed by 9:45 pm every night. We set goals at the beginning of the week and we have exceeded all of them. We set a goal to find 5 new people to teach this week & ended up finding 12! I've never been more stressed in my life but we are finally starting to get the work picked up here☺️

Last Monday we had plans to go visit a member, then head home for the night. As we got in the car to head home, I had a really strong prompting that we needed to go visit Travis (a man who's door we knocked on a couple weeks ago). I put him in the schedule to visit the next day, but I felt really impressed that we needed to stop by tonight. I knew we were supposed to be inside our apartment in a little bit, but I also knew that the Spirit was prompting me. We went to his house and he wasn't home, but his wife was & she invited us inside! We were able to teach his entire family the Plan of Salvation. They all sat around us and asked so many questions, they LOVED it. One of the 11 year old girls asked, "Wait I lived with Jesus before I came here?" It was so cute

We had a lesson with them again this week! We taught the whole family about the Book of Mormon. They all LOVED it! We read it all together and the kids asked the best questions. I asked one of the little girls to say the closing prayer and in her prayer she said, "Please bless the Sisters and I am so thankful that you sent them to us and that they were able to teach us The Book of Mormon and that Jesus Christ visited the people in America" it was SO cute. It made me SO happy. 

We had a third lesson with their family by the end of the week. We go over & the little girls run into our arms, they were so excited to see us. We started to teach the restoration, and the two twin little girls started teaching everyone about it. They taught us about how Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith and told him where the plates were. We were so shocked but they had read about it in the kids Book of Mormon! We asked them how far they had gotten and they said they were almost finished with it. I almost wanted to cry it was so cool. The little girls were telling us all about how they don't like King Noah and that King Benjamin was a good King and that it was so sad that Nephi's brothers tied him up on the ship. These kids are SO excited about the Book of Mormon and about this gospel. 

I know that it was the Holy Ghost that prompted me to stop by Travis's house late that night. I know that Heavenly Father knew we needed to teach them at that exact moment. I am so grateful for the spirit in my life, I know that this work is impossible without Him. 

Everyone please please keep this family in your prayers! 

I have committed myself to being way more prayerful this week and I have seen so many miracles this week because of it! Missionary work is so hard but it is the most I have ever grown!

I love you all so much! Miss you guys everyday! ðŸ’–💖

No comments: