Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Highlight of the week: Brandon was baptized wooo! It was so special to watch. He asked me to speak on the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I recorded my talk and sent it and they all watched it on the TV. They are renovating the Collierville church so Brandon was baptized in a pool haha! I was bawling the entire time I was watching. So cool how the Spirit can be so strong over zoom.

Brandon texted me this after:

"Thank you again for being a part of my baptism! From the studies we had, I knew you were the best person to talk about the Holy Ghost and your talk was even better than I had hoped. You are the clearest example of letting the Holy Ghost work through you without impediment. I really appreciate you, and everything that has happened is because of you acting on your original prompting so quickly. We were seconds away from never speaking. What a world we live in. I’m starting to believe less in coincidences because of how things have gone since the first study we had. I used to be someone who thought coincidences were the flavor of life in a godless world… 

Thank you for saving me."

I don't really remember much that happened this week. It was all a blur. I do remember though that on Saturday we decided to go visit all of our online requests. We pull up to a trailer park and we go to knock on the first house. All of a sudden Sister Arrington yells "Guys there is a dog" and there is this massive pitbull running after us. We sprint away and as it's chasing us it's chain tightened and stopped it. We didn't even care to knock on that house anymore, there was no way we could get to the door. We decide to go to the next referral. We start walking up to the house & another pitbull is chained to the front porch!! We immediately just drove away we were so annoyed! We decided to go visit a member in the neighborhood instead and when we get there we see TWO pitbulls chained up. We just decided to go home at that point. I don't understand why people want a pitbull as a dog it makes missionary work SO hard for us. We were so fed up. There was an unchained dog walking towards us as we were walking in the neighborhood later that night & I pulled out my bear spray ready to spray it. We were so fed up it was the 8th house we visited that day who had a scary dog stop us

Sunday we had lunch with Brother & Sister Wray! They invited their friend who is a non member. We were able to teach her a lesson! When we started the lesson she just started to bawl to us. She is really struggling & said that when she goes to her church she doesn't pass out from the Spirit. She also said her daughter just decided to turn into a boy & her whole congregation told her that her son will be condemned to hell. We told her that all God wants her to do is love her daughter and that what her church said wasn't true. She just started to bawl. She asked us if we could start teaching her so I am super excited for her! 

Anyways I love you all so much!  ❤️

No comments: